The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) in collaboration with the National Youth Council of Macedonia (NYCM) are looking for Junior Analyst and Administrative Support to become part of the implementation of the project “Support to Electoral Reforms in Macedonia”.
About the project:
The Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC) assigned the mandate to the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) for the implementation of the project “Support to Electoral Reforms in Macedonia”.
The overall goal of the project is summed-up in the following statement: “Democratic and credible election processes facilitate political participation and social integration by enabling voters to select their representatives and hold them accountable”.
The outcomes of the project are as follows:
• Outcome 1: Strengthened institutions conduct fair and efficient election processes.
• Outcome 2: Internally democratized political parties present citizen-oriented policies and election programmes.
• Outcome 3: Empowered citizens hold political parties and elected officials accountable.
The implementation is consisted of two phases: (1) Inception phase, from 25.09.2018 to 30.06.2019 and (2) main phase 1 from July 2019 to June 2023.
During the inception phase, the project needs to carry out relevant analyses, which will contribute to the finalization of the project document for the main phase 1, including further development of project implementation strategy and other relevant documents. Moreover, the inception phase is envisaged to foster consultation and coordination with key stakeholders that will be directly or indirectly included in the project activities of the main phase 1.
• Contribute to finalization of the project document and detailed project implementation strategy by carrying specific-analyses through participative and consultative processes.
Description of tasks:
• Provide input in development of Action Plan with planned events, focus groups, consultation meetings that need to be undertaken in order to prepare required analyses (specified under the section Deliverables);
• Support the Research-Analyst consultant in conducting desk research and analyze existing reports and data needed for the development of the required analyses:
• Organize all the events (focus groups, meetings and consultations events) specified in the action plan (under bullet one above);
• Administratively and Logistically organize the Stakeholder Workshop for the needs of the overall Inception Phase of the project;
• Administratively and Logistically support the establishment and functioning of the Electoral Reform Core Group;
Administratively and Logistically support the establishment and functioning of the Advisory Board of the project.
• Inputs in the development of:
• Detailed action plan;
• Analysis of the state of inter-ethnic relations and vulnerable groups (including women and non-voters);
• Analysis on ways to include students of formal institutions (secondary schools, vocational schools) in Civic education;
• Analysis of the potential role of CSOs and Media in the program;
• Analysis of the donor landscape and potentials for synergies with similar projects including the ones funded through Swiss Development Cooperation;
• Minutes of the meetings from events organized for the purpose of development of the analyses above;
• Minutes of the meetings from the Stakeholder Workshop;
• Minutes of the meetings from the Electoral Reform Core Group (at least two meetings anticipated);
• Minutes of the meetings from the Advisory Board of the project (at least one meeting anticipated).
• 3 years of experience in research related activities;
• 5 years experience in provision of the administrative support in development projects;
• Proven evidence of capability to handle multiple tasks and complex assignments;
• Excellent Command of English and Macedonian (written and oral) language;
• Knowledge of Albanian language is will be considered as an advantage.
Type of contract: Lump sum
Time frame: 26. October 2018- 29 February 2019
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following:
• Current CV in English
• Letter of interest in English
• References or excerpts from your own written paper
Please submit the requested documents to email@example.com with the subject “for Junior Analyst” no later than Wednesday, October 24, 2018 by 10:00 hours. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted latter that day and interviewed on Thursday, October 25, 2018.