Open Call for Nomination of
President of the National Youth Council of Macedonia
Deadline: July 31, 2019, 23:59
In the wake of the regular Annual Assembly, the National Youth Council of Macedonia opens a call for nomination of a President. National Youth Council of Macedonia (NYCM) invites all interested members of the member organizations of the NYCM to apply and be a part of the leadership of NYCM.
Each nominee will have the opportunity to present his/her nomination during the General Assembly. The election shall be conducted by secret voting by the full members of the NYCM at the General Assembly.
According to the Statute of the NYCM, the President is represented by:
The President is an independent organ that represents the NYCM, and is held accountable for its work before the Assembly of the NYCM.
The President is a member of the Executive Board due to the function he/she performs and manages its work.
The presidential mandate is for two years with the possibility of one re-election.
The President is elected by the Assembly with a majority of votes from the total vote count.
In case none of the candidates wins the majority of votes from act 4, there is a second round of vote with the participation of the first and second ranked candidates according to the number of votes.
In the second round the winner is the candidate with the majority of vote counts but no less than 1/3 of the total vote count.
In case of only one candidate, he/she shall be considered elected with the majority of vote counts but no less than 1/3 of the total vote count.
The President tends to the work of the NYCM, makes sure it is in accordance with the Constitution, legal regulations, as well as in accordance with the Statute and other legal acts of the NYCM, as well as tends to the reinforcement of the decisions made by the organs of the NYCM.
The President is authorized to take actions regarding all current activities of the NYCM, with the exception of making decisions and taking actions that are in jurisdiction of the Assembly and the Executive Board.
Within the framework of its jurisdiction, the President is in charge of the following:
– Presiding the sessions of the Assembly and the Executive Board of the NYCM;
– Follows the work and coordinates the executive and operative organs and bodies of the NYCM in relation to the established activities and tends to regular carrying out of the activities within the NYCM;
– Held responsible for the implementation of the decisions of the Assembly and the Executive Board;
– On the basis of decisions made by the Executive Board can open or close bank accounts of the NYCM;
– Represents the NYCM, whether on call, or by personal initiative, to events, manifestations, meetings and gatherings organized by the NYCM, its members or other international and national organizations, organs of state, units of local governments and other organs, if it is in accordance with the NYCM goals, and with prior consultation with the Executive Board;
– Submits a report of the NYCM work in the mandate period.
– Tends to the coordination of the financial – material proceedings of the NYCM with the legal regulations;
– Carries out activities in accordance with the law, this Statute, internal acts of the NYCM and acts of the Assembly.
All member organizations have the right to nominate one member of their organization.
The registration is done by:
- Filling in the Application Form – President
- A letter of support from an organization that nominates it (the organization should be a full member of the NYCM)
- Candidate’s CV
- Motivational letter
The nominated person must be at the age of 18-35 years. Applications should be sent to the NYCM’s e-mail address, email@example.com with the subject
“Nomination for President of NYCM”. The call is open until 31st of July 2019, 23:59.
For more information, visit the office of the National Youth Council of Macedonia, located at str. Aminta Treti 29 / 1-3, Skopje, or contact the e-mail address of NYCM, firstname.lastname@example.org or on the phone 078 350 531.